- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 15 oz can of kidney beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can of pinto beans, drained
- 1 28 oz can of Italian plum tomatoes, crushed (we like the Cento brand)
- 1 16 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
- 2 tbs of chili powder
- 1 tbs cumin, ground
- 1 tbs oregano
- 4 scallions. copped on a bias for garnish
- Water as needed
Here is a very good version of chili for all of you vegetarians out there.
- Saute onions, celery and garlic in a large sauce pan or stock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and allow to simmer over low heat for 1 hour.