Pecan Pancakes with Peaches
|1/2 cup whole wheat flour|
|1/4 cup ap flour|
|1/4 tsp ground nutmeg|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1/4 tsp baking soda|
|1/2 cup pecan pieces|
|1 cup buttermilk|
|1 tbs brown sugar|
|1 tbs canola oil|
|1 large egg|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|2 cups sliced canned peaches|
- Lightly coat a griddle or large skillet with cooking spray or oil and preheat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flours, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and pecans until well combined.
- In a 2 cup measure, add buttermilk, sugar, oil, egg and vanilla and whisk together.
- Add the liquids to the flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle.
- Cook the pancakes 2-3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges are slightly dry.
- Turn and cook other sides.
- Serve topped with 1/2 cup of sliced peaches.
- Makes 4 (2 pancake) servings.