Ziti Au Gratin with Parmesan and Swiss
|1/2 lb of ziti or pene , cooked al dente|
|2 and 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter,melted|
|3/4 cup Parmesan cheese|
|1/8 tsp nutmeg|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|3/4 cup heavy cream|
|1/3cup Italian bread crumbs|
This is an Italian version of Macaroni and cheese.
- Preheat the broiler
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- After cooking,drain the noodles to a greased oven proof baking dish or gratin dish.
- Add the melted butter, and cheeses and cream and mix well
- Sprinkle to top with extra cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Brown under the broiler until the top bubbles and has a light brown crust.
- Let cool slightly before serving.