Chinese Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small knob of fresh ginger, crushed
- 4 scallions, chopped on a bias (white and green parts)
- 3/4 pound of broccoli florets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbs canola or peanut oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbs cold water
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Try making this at home you will surprise yourself how much better this recipe is than carry out.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Drain well.
- Marinate shrimp in sherry wine and soy sauce for 1 hour.
- In a wok or large saute pan using high heat stir fry the onions, ginger and garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp with marinade, chicken broth . Stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water and pour into skillet and stir until thickened.
- Serve over rice.