Chinese Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry
|1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 small knob of fresh ginger, crushed|
|4 scallions, chopped on a bias (white and green parts)|
|3/4 pound of broccoli florets, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 tbs canola or peanut oil|
|1/4 cup chicken broth|
|2 tsp cornstarch|
|1 tbs cold water|
|1 tbs dry sherry|
|1 tsp soy sauce|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
Try making this at home you will surprise yourself how much better this recipe is than carry out.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Drain well.
- Marinate shrimp in sherry wine and soy sauce for 1 hour.
- In a wok or large saute pan using high heat stir fry the onions, ginger and garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp with marinade, chicken broth . Stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water and pour into skillet and stir until thickened.
- Serve over rice.