Rabbit Brunswick Stew
- 3 pounds of boneless rabbit or chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbs bacon drippings
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb frozen Lima beans
- 1/2 cup fresh okra
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tbs butter
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
This is a traditionally made Brunswick stew that uses rabbit. Rabbit is delicious and totally underused. Give it a try you will be pleasantly surprised.
- In a large sauce pan add the bacon grease.
- Using medium high heat, add the rabbit pieces and brown on all sides.
- Season rabbit with salt and pepper.
- When rabbit is browned, pour off fat.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, sherry and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the Lima beans, okra and corn.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the butter and cook for another 30 minutes.