Rabbit Brunswick Stew
|3 pounds of boneless rabbit or chicken|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|2 tbs bacon drippings|
|3 cups chicken stock|
|2 cans of diced tomatoes|
|1/4 cup dry sherry|
|2 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1 lb frozen Lima beans|
|1/2 cup fresh okra|
|1 cup frozen corn|
|2 tbs butter|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
This is a traditionally made Brunswick stew that uses rabbit. Rabbit is delicious and totally underused. Give it a try you will be pleasantly surprised.
- In a large sauce pan add the bacon grease.
- Using medium high heat, add the rabbit pieces and brown on all sides.
- Season rabbit with salt and pepper.
- When rabbit is browned, pour off fat.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, sherry and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the Lima beans, okra and corn.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the butter and cook for another 30 minutes.