Beer Barbecued Chicken
|1 3 lb frying chicken cut into pieces.|
|1 tbs seasoned salt|
|fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 can of amber beer (we like Sam Adams Larger)|
|1 tbs dark brown sugar|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 tbs dark brown molasses|
|2 tsp Tabasco sauce|
Marinating chicken in beer and spices gives is a wonderful earthy flavor. Serves 4
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken all over with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken pieces.
- Cover and place in refrigerator. Marinate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve.
- Cook chicken over medium hot coals cooking for about 25 minutes, moving chicken pieces as necessary to avoid burning.
- Turn chicken over and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes until juices run clear.
- While cooking, occasionally brush chicken with marinade.
- Serve chicken hot or cold.