Beer Barbecued Chicken
- 1 3 lb frying chicken cut into pieces.
- 1 tbs seasoned salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 can of amber beer (we like Sam Adams Larger)
- 1 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tbs dark brown molasses
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
Marinating chicken in beer and spices gives is a wonderful earthy flavor. Serves 4
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken all over with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken pieces.
- Cover and place in refrigerator. Marinate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve.
- Cook chicken over medium hot coals cooking for about 25 minutes, moving chicken pieces as necessary to avoid burning.
- Turn chicken over and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes until juices run clear.
- While cooking, occasionally brush chicken with marinade.
- Serve chicken hot or cold.