Tangy Lemon Basil Burgers with Parmesan
|2 lbs ground chuck (80/20)|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup onion, minced|
|1/4 cup fresh lemon juice|
|2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 tbs fresh basil, chopped|
|8 poppy seed hamburger buns toasted|
|Lettuce and tomato slices for garnish|
Here is a way to take a juicy burger to new heights of flavor. Basil and lemon juice and Parmesan cheese make these burgers a special treat.
- Beat egg along with lemon juice, Parmesan, basil, and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well
- Shape into 8 1/4 lb patties. (You make the burgers larger if you like)
- Grill burgers over medium-hot coals for about 14 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat and let burgers rest for 5 minutes.
- Toast buns over coals.
- Serve with lettuce and tomato for garnish.