- 2 lbs ground chuck (80/20)
- 1 egg
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 8 poppy seed hamburger buns toasted
- Lettuce and tomato slices for garnish
Here is a way to take a juicy burger to new heights of flavor. Basil and lemon juice and Parmesan cheese makes these burgers a special treat.
- Beat egg along with lemon juice, Parmesan, basil and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well
- Shape into 8 1/4 lb patties. (You make make the burgers larger if you like)
- Grill burgers over medium hot coals for about 14 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat and let burgers rest for 5 minutes.
- Toast buns over coals.
- Serve with lettuce and tomato for garnish.