|1 whole pineapple, sliced into rounds and cored (8-10) slices|
|14 cup honey|
|2 tbs water|
|1-2 tsp powdered ginger|
Pineapple cooked over hot charcoal is delicious, especially flavored with honey and ginger.
- Get your grill very hot.
- Cut off both ends of the pineapple and discard, then slice into about 3/4 inch rounds.
- Remove the core, then pare the outer skin, removing all dark bits.
- Vigorously whisk together the honey, water and ginger.
- Brush both sides of the pineapple with the glaze and grill over high heat for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Turn carefully by sliding a spatula underneath.
- Be sure to watch carefully, as the glaze can go from a nice caramel color to black very quickly.