Rustic Skillet Breakfast with Sausage, Bacon and Potatoes
|8 strips of thick sliced bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces|
|8 breakfast sausage links, cut into 4 equal pieces each.|
|1 small Onion minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 green or red bell pepper, diced|
|4 medium redskin potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|8 eggs, beaten|
|1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1 small bunch parsley, chopped, leaves only|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
This is great dish that is prepared in one cast iron skillet. The flavors of bacon, sausage potatoes and peppers meld together all covered with eggs and bubbly cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skilled add the bacon and sausage cook until the bacon is slightly crispy and the sausage is almost done.
- Mean while boil the potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain
- Remove the bacon sausage from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- In the same pan using medium heat saute the garlic and onion in the bacon fat.
- Add the bell peppers half way through cooking.
- Add the potatoes and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs well and pour into the same pan.
- Evenly spread the cheese over the pan and place the skillet in the oven until the eggs are done and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Bring the whole skillet to the table and serve on individual plates.