Rustic Skillet Breakfast with Sausage, Bacon and Potatoes
|8 strips of thick sliced bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces
|8 breakfast sausage links, cut into 4 equal pieces each.
|1 small Onion minced
|2 cloves garlic, minced
|1 green or red bell pepper, diced
|4 medium redskin potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
|8 eggs, beaten
|1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
|1 small bunch parsley, chopped, leaves only
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
This is great dish that is prepared in one cast iron skillet. The flavors of bacon, sausage potatoes and peppers meld together all covered with eggs and bubbly cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skilled add the bacon and sausage cook until the bacon is slightly crispy and the sausage is almost done.
- Mean while boil the potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain
- Remove the bacon sausage from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- In the same pan using medium heat saute the garlic and onion in the bacon fat.
- Add the bell peppers half way through cooking.
- Add the potatoes and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs well and pour into the same pan.
- Evenly spread the cheese over the pan and place the skillet in the oven until the eggs are done and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Bring the whole skillet to the table and serve on individual plates.