Pasta Pesto Primavera
- 1 and 1/2 cups penne pasta
- 1/4 lb broccoli florets (optional)
- 1 large carrot, sliced(optional)
- 1/4 lb of zucchini, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup yellow squash, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces (optional)
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce Food So Good Pesto Recipe
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
This is a recipe that adapts the classic primavera recipe using pesto.You make this recipe using only pesto as pictured or you may add vegetables making it a classic primavera.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and chill.
- Blanch broccoli and carrots for 2 minutes in boiling water.
- Place vegetables and pasta in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add pesto sauce and mix well.
- Dust with Parmesan cheese and serve.