- 3 tbs of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbs whipping cream
This is a silky sauce that is very versatile an easy to prepare.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat,
- Stir in the flour to make a smooth paste. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Blend broth gradually into flour mixture.
- Cook stirring until sauce is thick. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, sugar and pepper into sauce.
- Blend egg yolks and cream in a small bowl.
- Stir in about 1/2 cup of the hot sauce into the yolk mixture.
- Blend yolk mixture slowly into hot sauce in sauce pan.
- Cook over low heat just until sauce thickens.