The Pilgrim Grilled Cheese with Gouda and Smoked Turkey Breast Smothered in Mustard and Sage Butter
|3 tbs cranberry sauce|
|2 tbs Dijon mustard|
|6-8 tbs butter, room temperature|
|4-5 fresh sage leaves, chopped|
|8 slices of dark honey wheat bread|
|16 slices of Wisconsin Gouda|
|1/2 lb of smoked turkey breast, sliced|
|1/2 lb of fresh spinach leaves|
This is one of our favorite grilled sandwiches. We use Wisconsin Gouda cheese along with smoked turkey breast and dressed with spinach, cranberry mustard and sage butter. We like to call it a Grilled cheese on steroids. Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix cranberry sauce and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Mix butter with sage until smooth.
- Heat a large saute pan using medium heat.
- spread one side of each bread slice with sage butter.
- Place 4 slices butter side down in pan and spread each with 1 tbs of the cranberry mustard.
- Top with 2 slices of Gouda, 2 ozs of turkey and 2 ozs of spinach.
- Top with 2 more slices of Gouda and bread slice, butter side up.
- Grill, turning sandwiches once until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
- Serve remaining cranberry mustard on the side.