Shrimp and Asiago Cheese Omelet with Fresh Herbs
|1 lb of small peeled shrimp|
|2 scallions, sliced|
|2 tbs butter|
|1/4 cup white wine|
|1 tsp each of parsley, tarragon and chives|
|1 tsp dried chervil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs all purpose flour|
|1 cup milk|
|1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|4 tsp butter|
|1/2 cup water|
Shrimp, asiago cheese and eggs make wonderful taste partners. This omelet pops with flavor.
- In a large saute pan using medium high heat saute the shrimp and scallions in butter. About 3 minutes.
- After 2 minutes and wine. Stir in herbs, salt and pepper. Cook over high heat for 1 minute, and set aside.
- In a another small saute pan using medium heat melt butter then stir in flour and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk and bring to a boil, constantly stirring.
- Add in cheese and stir until sauce is smooth. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- In a medium non stick skillet, melt 1 tsp of butter over medium high heat.
- Whisk eggs and water until blended.
- For each Omelet add 2/3 cup of the egg mixture to saute pan. The mixture will set up immediately at edges.
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are set, spoon 1/2 cup of the shrimp mixture on one side of the eggs.
- Fold the other side over the filling.
- Slide omelet onto a plate and top with 1/4 cup sauce.