Sweet Potato Crab Cakes
- 1 lb of fresh lump crab meat
- 2 egg beaten, plus 1 yolk beaten
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 tbs old bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup mashed potato
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- canola oil for frying
There are hundreds if not thousands of crab cake recipes. This is a interesting version that uses sweet potatoes and Cajun seasoning.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except for canola oil and the crab meat. Mix well.
- Fold in the crab meat being careful not break up the lumps.
- Form mixture into 12 patties.
- Place patties in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook the crab cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on a wire rack and serve.