Sweet Potato Crab Cakes
|1 lb of fresh lump crab meat|
|2 egg beaten, plus 1 yolk beaten|
|1 red bell pepper finely chopped|
|1 tbs old bay seasoning|
|1/2 cup dry bread crumbs|
|1/4 cup cornmeal|
|1/4 cup mashed potato|
|1 scallion, chopped|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|2 tbs mayonnaise|
|2 tsp ground mustard|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|canola oil for frying|
There are hundreds if not thousands of crab cake recipes. This is a interesting version that uses sweet potatoes and Cajun seasoning.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except for canola oil and the crab meat. Mix well.
- Fold in the crab meat being careful not break up the lumps.
- Form mixture into 12 patties.
- Place patties in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook the crab cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on a wire rack and serve.