Crab and Artichoke Salad
|1 lb of jumbo lump crab meat (you may also use king, Dungeness or snow crab)|
|1 large head of butter lettuce|
|1 cup of marinated artichoke hearts, quartered|
|1/2 red bell pepper, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh chives, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh tarragon, chopped|
|2 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a delightful salad that can be served as a main course or as an appetizer. It marries lump crab meat with marinated artichokes, butter lettuce and herbs and olive oil.
- Separate butter lettuce into wedges (how many depends on whether you are serving as a main course or appetizer)
- Place each wedge on a cold salad plate.
- Combine crab, artichoke, red pepper, chive, tarragon, lemon juice and olive oil. Gently mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon crab mixture over lettuce wedges and serve with lemon wedges.