- 1 lb of jumbo lump crab meat (you may also use king, Dungeness or snow crab)
- 1 large head of butter lettuce
- 1 cup of marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a delightful salad that can be served as a main course or as an appetizer. It marries lump crab meat with marinated artichokes, butter lettuce and herbs and olive oil.
- Separate butter lettuce into wedges (how many depends on whether you are serving as a main course or appetizer)
- Place each wedge on a cold salad plate.
- Combine crab, artichoke, red pepper, chive, tarragon, lemon juice and olive oil. Gently mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon crab mixture over lettuce wedges and serve with lemon wedges.