Grilled Cheese with Chipolte Jack, Bacon, Yellow and Green Squash
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/8 inch thick|
|1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/8 inch thick|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|8 slices of bacon|
|8 slices of Wisconsin Chipotle Jack Cheese|
|8 slices sourdough bread|
|6 tbs butter at room temperature|
This is a spicy grilled cheese served on sourdough bread with Wisconsin Chipotle Jack Cheese, bacon, yellow and green squash. Makes 4 sandwiches. Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and garlic and saute for 30 seconds, stirring.
- Add the squashes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add wine and let bubble for 3 minutes.
- Remove squash to a bowl.
- In a skillet, fry bacon until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each of four bread slices.
- Top each with a few tbs of squash, 2 bacon slices and another slice of cheese.
- Top each with another read slice.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Butter the top of each sandwich, turn over and place, butter side down in pan.
- Spread top piece of bread with butter.
- Grill turning once, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Sandwiches may also be grilled on a panini press or on a gas or charcoal grill.