Grilled Cheese with Gorgonzola, Parmesan Chicken Breast
|1 cup walnut halves or pieces toasted|
|1 clove garlic|
|1/4 cup Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese, grated|
|1/2 lb arugula|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste|
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|6 tbs butter, at room temperature|
|8 slices of ciabatta bread|
|1 cup dried cranberries|
|8 ozs Wisconsin Gorgonzola Cheese|
- Make pesto; Place walnuts, garlic, Parmesan, and arugula in a food processor or blender and pulse to chop.
- Drizzle olive in with machine running. Season with salt and pepper
- Heat grill over medium- high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill for about 5 minutes per side. Reserve on a plate.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each ciabatta slice. Place 4 slices butter side down in the pan and top each with 1 tbs of pesto, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chicken breast and 2 ozs of Gorgonzola.
- top each with another tbs of pesto and ciabatta slice, butter side up.
- Grill until golden on both sides, turning sandwiches once during grilling.