- 1 lb Thai green finger peppers
- 2 cups garlic
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbs salt
Sriracha is a very popular Thai inspired hot sauce. This version uses green chilies instead of red and is garlicky, sweet and sour.
- Blend peppers and garlic along with the water and vinegar. Process until smooth.
- Strain the mixture well through a wire mesh strainer.
- Boil the juice with sugar and salt, then let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- Place in a covered container and refrigerate for at least 2 days before serving.
- The sauce will keep for up to three weeks refrigerated.