Green Sriracha Hot Sauce
|1 lb Thai green finger peppers|
|2 cups garlic|
|1/2 cup white vinegar|
|1 and 1/2 cups water|
|1 and 1/2 cups sugar|
|2 tbs salt|
Sriracha is a very popular Thai inspired hot sauce. This version uses green chilies instead of red and is garlicky, sweet and sour.
- Blend peppers and garlic along with the water and vinegar. Process until smooth.
- Strain the mixture well through a wire mesh strainer.
- Boil the juice with sugar and salt, then let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- Place in a covered container and refrigerate for at least 2 days before serving.
- The sauce will keep for up to three weeks refrigerated.