- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg white
- pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup good clover honey
- 1 cup cream
- pinch of cardamon
This is a delicious ice cream that is sweetened with honey.
- In a stainless steel bowl on top of a double boiler beat the egg yolks, egg white and salt until smooth.
- In a small sauce pan, scald milk and blend in honey.
- Pour over eggs.
- Place bowl on top of a double boiler over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir slowly until the custard thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream. Cool.
- If using an ice cream machine pour mixture into canister and follow manufacturers directions.
- If using the freezer method pour the mixture in to a freezer proof container and freeze for about 3 hours or until firm,
- Stir several times during freezing.
- Allow to soften slightly before serving.