Peach Panzanella Salad
|4 cups crusty bread, cubed|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|6 cups arugula|
|4 cherry tomatoes, halved|
|4 large peaches, seeded and sliced|
|15 basil leaves, cut into thin strips|
|2 scallions, white and green parts, cut on a bias|
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a saute’ pan add 1/4 cup of olive oil and using medium heat add the bread cubes and saute’ until browned all over.
- Remove bread and drain on paper towels. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl add the arugula, tomatoes, peaches and basil.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a little salt and pepper.
- Cover jar and shake vigorously to mix.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.