Italian Tuna Pasta Salad
|1 and 1/2 cups of rigatoni or bow tie pasta
|1 (8 oz) can of solid white tuna
|1/2 cup ricotta cheese
|1 small sliced onion
|10 black olives, sliced
|10 pimiento stuffed olives halved
|1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
|1/2 cup sliced celery
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar
|1 tbs parsley, minced
|1 small tin of anchovies chopped (optional)
|quarted Italian tomatoes (optional)
Ricotta cheese adds a unique sweet, salty and creamy texture this salad. The tuna and olives makes this a complete meal.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Drain tuna and break into chunks. Place in a large bowl along with the cooled pasta.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the olive oil and red wine vinegar and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil and wine vinegar and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad and gently mix well.