Italian Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 and 1/2 cups of rigatoni or bow tie pasta
- 1 (8 oz) can of solid white tuna
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 small sliced onion
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 10 pimiento stuffed olives halved
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs parsley, minced
- 1 small tin of anchovies chopped (optional)
- quarted Italian tomatoes (optional)
Ricotta cheese adds a unique sweet, salty and creamy texture this salad. The tuna and olives makes this a complete meal.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Drain tuna and break into chunks. Place in a large bowl along with the cooled pasta.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the olive oil and red wine vinegar and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil and wine vinegar and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad and gently mix well.