Curried Asparagus Soup
- 1 pound of asparagus, trimmed of though ends
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tbs flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
Asparagus and curry are an uncommon but totally delicious combination.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add curry powder and onion and simmer until onion is soft.
- Blend in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken stock and combine well.
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch lengths, reserving tips.
- Blanch asparagus tips in boiling water for about 3 minutes, then add to an ice bath.
- Add asparagus and potato to stock and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a blender of food processor and puree.
- Return mixture to pan and stir in sour cream.
- Heat through.
- Serve garnished with reserved asparagus tips.