Curried Asparagus Soup
|1 pound of asparagus, trimmed of though ends|
|3 tbs butter|
|3 tsp curry powder|
|1 small onion, minced|
|3 tbs flour|
|4 cups chicken stock|
|1 small potato, peeled and diced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 cup sour cream|
Asparagus and curry are an uncommon but totally delicious combination.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add curry powder and onion and simmer until onion is soft.
- Blend in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken stock and combine well.
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch lengths, reserving tips.
- Blanch asparagus tips in boiling water for about 3 minutes, then add to an ice bath.
- Add asparagus and potato to stock and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a blender of food processor and puree.
- Return mixture to pan and stir in sour cream.
- Heat through.
- Serve garnished with reserved asparagus tips.