Moroccan Spiced Cornish Game Hens
- 4 Cornish game hens, washed and dried
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup of rice, cooked
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbs pine nuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
These game hens are stuffed with a spicy stuffing of rice, onions and pine nuts flavored with cinnamon and allspice.
- In a saute, saute the onion and garlic in butter.
- Add the rice and saute to lightly browned.
- Add the water, pine nuts, cinnamon, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, until water has evaporated.
- Season the game hens inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each game hen with some of the rice mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cut each game hen in half to serve.