Moroccan Spiced Cornish Game Hens
|4 Cornish game hens, washed and dried|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 cup of rice, cooked|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 cups water|
|4 tbs pine nuts|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1 tsp all spice|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
These game hens are stuffed with a spicy stuffing of rice, onions and pine nuts flavored with cinnamon and allspice.
- In a saute, saute the onion and garlic in butter.
- Add the rice and saute to lightly browned.
- Add the water, pine nuts, cinnamon, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, until water has evaporated.
- Season the game hens inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each game hen with some of the rice mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cut each game hen in half to serve.