|1 and 1/2 lbs of cooked small shrimp, peeled|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|1/2 head of cabbage, shredded (about 3 cups)|
|1 stalk of celery cut into think diagonal slices (about 1 cup)|
|3/4 cup mayonnaise|
|3 tbs lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
This is a delicious slaw that uses shrimp as a main ingredient. It may be prepared in about 30 minutes.
- In a sauce pan add water and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and 2 tbs of lemon juice and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from water and add to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Place the shrimp , cabbage, celery and shrimp in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise with 3 tbs of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mayonnaise and lemon mixture over the shrimp and cabbage and add the parsley.
- Gently mix well. Chill if desired.
- To serve spoon slaw over salad greens and garnish with halved cherry tomatoes.