Geoduck Clam Avocado with Fruit Salsa
|1 lb geoduck, thinly sliced|
|1 tbs butter|
|3/4 cups mangoes, diced|
|3/4 cup nectarines, diced|
|1/4 cup red onion diced|
|1/4 cup red bell peppers, diced|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|juice of 2 limes, plus extra for the avocado|
|3 avocados, peeled seeded, sliced thinly into fans|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
Geoduck takes well to many ingredients. It can be sliced thinly and served raw or it may be sauteed to create incredible parings. This recipe uses lightly sauteed geoduck along with fresh avocado and a refreshing fruit salad.
- Add butter to a skilled and using medium heat saute the geoduck for about 1 minute, turning once. Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Mix all of the other ingredients, except for the avocados in a large glass bowl and mix well.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Halve, pit and peel the avocados and slice thinly, forming into a fan,
- Place a half of each avocado on a serving plate and sprinkle lime juice over and season with a little salt and pepper.
- To serve spoon some of the fruit salsa alongside the avocado.