Three Bean Pasta Salad
- 1 and 1/2 cups of penne pasta
- 2 cups of canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of canned chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 and 1/2 cups of canned yellow wax beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Pasta salads with vinaigrette dressings make excellent lunch box of picnic fare. Pack them in covered plastic or aluminium foil containers, zip lock bags or covered jars. This salad can be enjoyed at room temperature or chilled.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and cool.
- Combine cooled pasta with kidney beans, chick peas, wax beans, mushrooms, dressing and parsley. Toss lightly.
- Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese if desired.
- You may substitute great northern, cannelloni or green beans if desired.