Antilles Chicken Souse
|3 lbs cut up broiler/fryer chicken|
|Dash of hot pepper sauce|
|1 quart of water|
|1/4 cup fresh lemon juice|
|1 celery rib, chopped|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 red bell pepper cut into strips|
|3 potatoes, cubed|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This recipe comes for the Netherlands, Antilles but a similar preparation is served all over the Caribbean.
- Wash and dry chicken and add to a large stock pot.
- Cover with water and the remaining ingredients.
- boil chicken with all ingredients at medium heat.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer at low heat for 1 hour or until chicken is done.
- Serve with additional lemon juice and red or green pepper.