Blue Cheese Potato Salad
- 5 lbs of red new potatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 and 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 and 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 and 1/2 tbs of Dijon mustard
- 2 and 1/2 tbs cider vinegar
- 1/2 lb of crumbled blue cheese
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 1 and 1/2 cups celery, chopped
This is a delicious potato salad flavored with blue cheese, Dijon mustard, sour cream and other herbs and spices.
- Place potatoes in a large stock pot and cover with cold water.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender. About 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and peel (if desired you may leave the skin on).
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch pieces, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add wine and season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and gently mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Adjust seasoning and the cold will mute the flavors.
- Let salad stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.