Blue Cheese Potato Salad
|5 lbs of red new potatoes|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|1 and 1/4 cups mayonnaise|
|1 and 1/4 cups sour cream|
|2 and 1/2 tbs of Dijon mustard|
|2 and 1/2 tbs cider vinegar|
|1/2 lb of crumbled blue cheese|
|5 scallions, sliced|
|1 and 1/2 cups celery, chopped|
This is a delicious potato salad flavored with blue cheese, Dijon mustard, sour cream and other herbs and spices.
- Place potatoes in a large stock pot and cover with cold water.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender. About 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and peel (if desired you may leave the skin on).
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch pieces, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add wine and season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and gently mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Adjust seasoning and the cold will mute the flavors.
- Let salad stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.