The Brie and Mushroom Cheeseburger
|1/2 lb Wisconsin Brie cheese|
|1 lb Ground chuck 80/20|
|1/2 lb sauteed mushrooms|
|1 large onion sliced|
|watercress, for garnish|
|arugula for garnish|
|4 tomato slices for garnish|
|4 brioche buns|
This burger is stuffed with sauteed mushrooms, onions topped with Wisconsin Brie Cheese, peppery arugula, and Watercress on a brioche bun. Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese.
- In a saute pan add a little oil and add the onions along with the mushrooms and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes, until soft.
- Make 4 1/4 lb patties with the ground chuck.
- Remove the onions and mushrooms from the pan, add a little more oil and add the patties.
- Cook to desired doneness, we like them slightly pink in the center.
- In the last 3 minutes of cooking top each patty with a slice of brie, cover pan and allow brie to melt slightly.
- Place some argula and watercress and a slice of tomato in the bottom a bun and top with the burgers.
- Add some of the sauteed onions and mushrooms to top the burgers.
- Cover with the top roll and serve.
- Makes 4 quarter pound burgers.