Chili Verde Sauce
|10 green Anaheim peppers|
|2 jalapeno peppers, chopped|
|4 Serrano peppers, chopped|
|1 medium onion,chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is classic Mexican green sauce that can be used as a dip or spread over tacos and enchiladas.
- Place tomatillos and Anaheim peppers on a baking sheet and place under a hot broiler and char the skin, turning frequently until blackened. You may alternatively blacken the skin over a gas or charcoal flame.
- Once the peppers and tomatillos have been blackened place them in a zip lock plastic bag, close and allow them to steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the bag, slice open remove stems and seeds, the scrape away the blackened skin.
- Remove the tomatillos from the bag and remove blackened skin and slice in half.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, season with salt and pepper the blend until smooth.
- If mixture is too thick you may add a little water or chicken stock.
- Taste for seasoning.