Cinnamon Cranberry Pears
- 8 Bosc pears
- 3 cups of cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
This is a wonderful dessert with pears that are flavored with cinnamon, cranberry juice and sugar.
- Peal the pears, leaving the stem in tact.
- In a large sauce pan combine cranberry juice, 1 cup of water and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cinnamon stick, and bring the mixture to gentle boil.
- Add the pears. Cover and simmer, turning pears occasionally until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Allow pears to cool in the syrup, turning them a few times to keep the color even.
- Remove from syrup and chill reserving the syrup to drizzle.
- Cook and serve with the reserved syrup.