Old Fashioned Gingerbread
|1 cup brown sugar|
|1/2 cup vegetable shortening|
|3/4 cup molasses|
|2 and 3/4 cup flour, sifted|
|2 tsp baking soda|
|2 tsp powdered ginger|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1 cup buttermilk|
This is a super simple preparation for old fashioned gingerbread. It is flavored with molasses, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon.
- Blend sugar, shortening and eggs.
- Stir in molasses.
- Add combined ingredients alternately with the buttermilk. Beat well.
- In a baking pan spray with non stick spray and sprinkle with a little flour to prevent sticking.
- Pour mixture into the baking pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes our clean.
- Can be eaten plain or served with ice cream or whipped cream.