- 4 slices bacon
- 2 scallions, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
These Tortillas gain their genesis from the Basque country in Spain. They are similar to an Italian frittata. This version uses bacon, potatoes and eggs along with other spices.
- In a skillet cook bacon until crisp, drain and reserve 2 tbs of the drippings.
- Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- In the same skillet combine the reserved drippings, potatoes, onion, parsley and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly and cook over low heat until the potatoes are almost tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs and milk and pour over the potato mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the egg is set in the center. About 10 minutes.
- With spatula loosen the sides and bottom and slide the potatoes onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and serve hot.