Spanish Tortilla Omelet
|4 slices bacon|
|2 scallions, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1 tbs parsley, chopped|
|1 tsp dried thyme|
|4 large eggs|
|1/2 cup milk|
These Tortillas gain their genesis from the Basque country in Spain. They are similar to an Italian frittata. This version uses bacon, potatoes and eggs along with other spices.
- In a skillet cook bacon until crisp, drain and reserve 2 tbs of the drippings.
- Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- In the same skillet combine the reserved drippings, potatoes, onion, parsley and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly and cook over low heat until the potatoes are almost tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs and milk and pour over the potato mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the egg is set in the center. About 10 minutes.
- With spatula loosen the sides and bottom and slide the potatoes onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and serve hot.