Andouille Sausage Po’ Boy
- 6 links of fresh Andouille sausage
- 4 hoagie loaves or 2 french baguettes (if using french baguettes cut them in half to make 4 loaves.)
- 8 slices of provolone cheese or cheese of your choice.
- creole mustard
- shredded lettuce
Andouille is a New Orleans specialty. It is a highly spiced sausage made from pork. It is typically served on French bread or Hoagie rolls and dressed with lettuce, tomatoes and creole mustard.
- Cut the sausage into 1/8 inch rounds and saute in a little olive oil for about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove sausage from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Open the buns and butter on each side.
- Heat the buns in the oven to toast slightly and melt the butter.
- Evenly spread the sausage on the rolls.
- Layer on the condiments of your choice.