Blackened Tuna Steaks
- 1 and 1/2 lbs tuna steak
- 2 tbs Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is delicious Cajun inspired recipe that can be prepared for start to finish in about 20 minutes. The tuna is seasoned with pepper and Cajun seasoning.
- Season the tuna steaks all over with pepper.
- Then generously coat tuna with the Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil and butter in a saute pan over high heat.
- When oil is almost smoking, add the tuna.
- Cook on one side for about 2 minutes the turn steaks and cook for 2 minutes more until slightly blackened. Tuna should still be rare in the center.