Blackened Tuna Steaks
|1 and 1/2 lbs tuna steak|
|2 tbs Cajun seasoning|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 tbs butter|
|fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is delicious Cajun inspired recipe that can be prepared for start to finish in about 20 minutes. The tuna is seasoned with pepper and Cajun seasoning.
- Season the tuna steaks all over with pepper.
- Then generously coat tuna with the Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil and butter in a saute pan over high heat.
- When oil is almost smoking, add the tuna.
- Cook on one side for about 2 minutes the turn steaks and cook for 2 minutes more until slightly blackened. Tuna should still be rare in the center.