|4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves|
|1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese|
|2 cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|1/4 lb Prosciutto, thinly sliced|
|3/4 lb of Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced|
|1/3 cup white wine|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 sprigs of fresh thyme|
|1 sprig fresh rosemary|
|4 tsp butter|
This dish is chicken smothered in Parmesan cheese and rolled with mozzarella and prosciutto and baked in white wine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts flat.
- Liberally sprinkle the chicken with Parmesan.
- Place 1/4 of the garlic on each chicken breast.
- Place 1 tsp of butter on each chicken breast.
- Cover each breast with a layer of prosciutto and mozzarella.
- Reserve some prosciutto to place on top of the chicken.
- Roll up each chicken breast and secure with toothpicks
- In a large baking dish combine the white wine with olive oil along with the rosemary and thyme sprigs.
- Place a small piece of prosciutto on top of each roll.
- Season with salt and pepper. Take it easy on the salt as the prosciutto is already salted.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is done and the juices run clear.