- 2 roasted red bell peppers, charred, seeded and sliced into fourths.
- 2 and 2/3 tbs butter
- 4 large slices sour dough bread
- 1lb crab meat
- 4 1/2 oz slices White cheddar cheese
- Black pepper aioli
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is delicious recipe that combines crab meat with white cheddar cheese, Aioli, roast red peppers on sour dough bread topped with avocado.
- For the black pepper aioli mix 1 clove garlic, crushed ,mixed with 1 tbs of mayonnaise and 1 tsp of fresh cracked black pepper. Mix well.
- For the crab melt heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread and place in a saute pan, butter side down.
- Place pan in the oven for about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile heat another saute pan over medium heat. Add the crab meat and the roasted peppers and heat for 1 minute.
- Take the bread slices from the oven and spread some of the aioli on each side.
- Top each with two pieces of the roasted pepper.
- Divide the crab meat equally among the slices.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- top each sandwich with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Return the pan to the oven for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- cut each sandwich in half on the diagonal.
- Top each half with 3 slices of avocado.
- Season the avocado with salt and pepper and serve.