Crab Meat Melt with Avocado
|2 roasted red bell peppers, charred, seeded and sliced into fourths.|
|2 and 2/3 tbs butter|
|4 large slices sour dough bread|
|1lb crab meat|
|4 1/2 oz slices White cheddar cheese|
|Black pepper aioli|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is delicious recipe that combines crab meat with white cheddar cheese, Aioli, roast red peppers on sour dough bread topped with avocado.
- For the black pepper aioli mix 1 clove garlic, crushed ,mixed with 1 tbs of mayonnaise and 1 tsp of fresh cracked black pepper. Mix well.
- For the crab melt heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread and place in a saute pan, butter side down.
- Place pan in the oven for about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile heat another saute pan over medium heat. Add the crab meat and the roasted peppers and heat for 1 minute.
- Take the bread slices from the oven and spread some of the aioli on each side.
- Top each with two pieces of the roasted pepper.
- Divide the crab meat equally among the slices.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- top each sandwich with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Return the pan to the oven for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- cut each sandwich in half on the diagonal.
- Top each half with 3 slices of avocado.
- Season the avocado with salt and pepper and serve.