Creamed Spinach with Nutmeg
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1/4 cup onion, Finley minced|
|1 tbs butter|
|Pinch of nutmeg|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 lb of fresh spinach, blanched (should yield 2 cups of cooked spinach)|
Proper creamed spinach is made with heavy cream and a few pinches nutmeg. There is nothing else you need to do the make this classic dish.
- Chop fresh spinach.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for 3 minutes and drain, squeezing water from spinach with paper towels or a clean towel.
- Add the butter to the sauce pan using medium heat and add the onions, garlic and butter.
- Saute for 3 minutes until onions and garlic are softened.
- Add the spinach and cream and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Cook down for several minutes.