Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 4 large zucchini
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbs chicken stock, to moisten
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- optional; you may add chicken or sausage to the stuffing if desired
This is a delicious preparation for zucchini which is stuffed with onion and garlic infused bread crumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the zucchini in boiling water for about 15 minutes, or until tender with pierced with fork.
- Once done cut each zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Using a small spoon carefully remove most of the pulp, leaving the shells intact.
- Chop the pulp and saute it in olive oil along with the garlic garlic and onion.
- Mix in the bread crumbs and add the oregano, parsley, Parmesan and a little chicken stock. Just enough to moisten the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the zucchini halves on a greased baking sheet ad fill with stuffing.
- If you would like tops browner just place under a hot broiler for several minutes.