Stuffed Zucchini Boats
|4 large zucchini|
|4 tbs olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed|
|1/2 medium onion, minced|
|3/4 cup bread crumbs|
|1 tsp oregano|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|4 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated|
|2 tbs chicken stock, to moisten|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|optional; you may add chicken or sausage to the stuffing if desired|
This is a delicious preparation for zucchini which is stuffed with onion and garlic infused bread crumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the zucchini in boiling water for about 15 minutes, or until tender with pierced with fork.
- Once done cut each zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Using a small spoon carefully remove most of the pulp, leaving the shells intact.
- Chop the pulp and saute it in olive oil along with the garlic garlic and onion.
- Mix in the bread crumbs and add the oregano, parsley, Parmesan and a little chicken stock. Just enough to moisten the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the zucchini halves on a greased baking sheet ad fill with stuffing.
- If you would like tops browner just place under a hot broiler for several minutes.