Hot Buttered Rum
|1 cup sugar
|1 cup brown sugar
|1 cup butter
|2 cups vanilla ice cream
|1 ounce rum
|3/4 cup of water
This is an recipe for old fashioned buttered rum.
- Combine the sugars and butter in a sauce pan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
- Stir mixture with a wooden spoon to combine well.
- Combine the cooked mixture with the ice cream in a large mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- For each serving fill one quarter of a mug with the mixture and add one ounce of rum and 3/4 of a cup of boiling water.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.