Lobster in Mornay Sauce
- 1lb of lobster meat, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
This lobster is in a rich creamy mushroom cheese sauce and is perfect served over rice or pasta.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until tender
- Mix in the lobster meat and cook for several minutes.
- Remove the lobster and and mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low and add the flour to the pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the chicken broth, heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 6 to 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the mushrooms, lobster and Parmesan cheese, continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice of pasta.