- 1 qt water
- 2 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tbs instant coffee
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 2 and 1/2 cups vodka
Delicious Kahlua is very easy to make at home for less than 75% cheaper than the store brought version.
- Add water to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the coffee and sugar, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the mixture for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours mixture will turn into a syrup that will coat the back of a spoon.
- Let cool completely, the add the vanilla and vodka, and combine well.
- Serve over ice or as a mixer.