|1 qt water|
|2 and 1/2 cups sugar|
|3 tbs instant coffee|
|1 tbs vanilla|
|2 and 1/2 cups vodka|
Delicious Kahlua is very easy to make at home for less than 75% cheaper than the store brought version.
- Add water to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the coffee and sugar, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the mixture for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours mixture will turn into a syrup that will coat the back of a spoon.
- Let cool completely, the add the vanilla and vodka, and combine well.
- Serve over ice or as a mixer.