|1 cup sugar|
|1 cup butter, at room temperature|
|1 cup sour cream, at room temperature|
|1 and 3/4 cup sifted flour|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|grated zest of 1 orange|
|juice from 2 oranges (about 1 cup)|
|juice of 1 lemon 9about 2 tbs)|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|pinch of salt|
This is wonderfully moist old fashioned orange cake just like grandma used to make.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg yolks, sour cream and orange rind.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder into the first mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture.
- Turn the mixture into a well greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Loosen carefully around the edges and turn out onto cake plate.
- Deeply penetrate the cake with a wooden skewer all over.
- Spoon the hot orange sauce over the top of the cake slowly.
- Combine ingredients and let the sugar dissolve over low heat.
- Add the orange juice and mix well.