- 10 corn or flour tortillas ( or a combination of both)
- Oil for frying
- Cut each tortilla in to 6 wedges.
- Pour oil in a deep sauce pan (only 1/3 full with oil to prevent boil over)
- Heat to 360 degrees or until very hot. If you don’t have a frying thermometer , test on chip first.
- Fry the wedges in the hot oil in small batches until they turn golden and are crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon or frying spider, place on paper towels and season with salt right away.
- Recipe may be doubled or tripled.