Cherry Tomatoes with Pesto
|1 lb of cherry tomatoes|
|4 cups basil leaves, packed|
|4 cloves garlic|
|4 tbs pine nuts|
|1 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|3 tbs Parmesan cheese|
|6 tbs Pecorino cheese|
|fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
These make a colorful and tasty appetizer to go with drinks before you move to the table.
- Wash the tomatoes and slice off the top.
- Carefully scoop out the seeds with a small spoon.
- To make the pesto, place the basil garlic, pine nuts, salt and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Remove the contents of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the grated Parmesan and Pecorino cheeses.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a small spoon to fill each tomato with a little pesto.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.