- 1 lb beef top round steak, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 5 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 lb of pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of canned jalapeno slices
- 1/4 cup of sliced pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- Sliced scallions for garnish
This is a version of nachos that uses top round steak, pepper jack cheese, garlic, fresh tomatoes, chilies, black olives, sour cream, guacamole and scallions.
- In a large saute pan, add the canola oil and using medium high heat, saute the steak, onion and garlic, until the steak is no longer pink.
- Drain and add in the steak sauce.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a large oven proof platter or baking sheet.
- Spoon the steak mixture over the chips and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Place under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove from oven and top with tomatoes, chilies, and olives.
- Top with sour cream and guacamole.
- Note: Can also be served with guacamole on the side.