|1 lb beef top round steak, chopped|
|1/4 cup chopped onion|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 tbs canola oil|
|1/2 cup steak sauce|
|5 cups tortilla chips|
|1/2 lb of pepper jack cheese, shredded|
|1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes|
|1/2 cup of canned jalapeno slices|
|1/4 cup of sliced pitted black olives|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1 cup guacamole|
|Sliced scallions for garnish|
This is a version of nachos that uses top round steak, pepper jack cheese, garlic, fresh tomatoes, chilies, black olives, sour cream, guacamole and scallions.
- In a large saute pan, add the canola oil and using medium high heat, saute the steak, onion and garlic, until the steak is no longer pink.
- Drain and add in the steak sauce.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a large oven proof platter or baking sheet.
- Spoon the steak mixture over the chips and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Place under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove from oven and top with tomatoes, chilies, and olives.
- Top with sour cream and guacamole.
- Note: Can also be served with guacamole on the side.