Hash Brown Quiche
|3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed (available in the grocery store frozen section)|
|1/3 cup butter, melted|
|1 cup diced, cooked ham|
|1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1/4 cup green pepper, diced|
|1/2 cup milk|
|kosher and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a wonderful quiche to serve for breakfast. You can make the hash brown crust and prepare the ham, cheese and peppers the night before.
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased (9 inch) pie plate.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Combine the ham, cheese and green pepper and spoon over the crust.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, and milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into the pie pan.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to stand for 15 or 20 minutes before cutting.