Savoy Cabbage Coleslaw with Apple
|4 cups shredded savoy cabbage|
|3 carrots, peeled and shredded|
|1 crisp ripe apple, cored and chopped|
|1/2 cup dried cranberries or craisins|
|2/3 cup chopped walnuts|
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients from the dressing, combine well then cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Re hydrate the cranberries or craisins in slightly heated fruit juice for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the cabbage, apples, cranberries or craisins and walnuts.
- Add half of the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Add more dressing if mixture is too dry.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.