Italian Stuffed Shrimp
|1 lb extra large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on|
|2 cloves garlic|
|1/2 cup white wine|
|1 cup butter|
|1 cup Italian bread crumbs|
|3 leaves fresh basil, chopped|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Shrimp with a wonderful Italian flavor.
- Crush garlic cloves and soak in white wine for about 30 minutes.
- Remove garlic.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, bread crumbs, basil, oregano and Parmesan.
- Add wine gradually until mixture becomes a paste.
- Make a deep slit down the back of each shrimp and fill with the paste.
- Place shrimp in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve drizzling the remaining butter over the shrimp.