Italian Stuffed Shrimp
- 1 lb extra large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Shrimp with a wonderful Italian flavor.
- Crush garlic cloves and soak in white wine for about 30 minutes.
- Remove garlic.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, bread crumbs, basil, oregano and Parmesan.
- Add wine gradually until mixture becomes a paste.
- Make a deep slit down the back of each shrimp and fill with the paste.
- Place shrimp in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve drizzling the remaining butter over the shrimp.