King Crab and Artichoke Salad
- 1 lb of king or snow crab meat (l lb shelled)
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tbs of red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbs fresh chives, sliced thin
- 1/2 tbs fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon, for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
This is a delicious salad that you can put together in less than 15 minutes. Flaky king crab and artichoke are mixed with a lemon, olive oil herb dressing and presented on butter lettuce.
- Remove crab from shells and cut into small chunks.
- Place 6 serving plates in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a non reactive bowl add the lemon juice and the herbs.
- Drizzle in the olive oil slowly while whisking.
- Taste the dressing then season with salt and pepper.
- Add crab meat and artichoke hearts and gently mix well.
- Place a butter lettuce cup on each serving plate and place a scoop of the crab mixture evenly among 6 plates.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon zest.