King Crab and Artichoke Salad
|1 lb of king or snow crab meat (l lb shelled)|
|6 butter lettuce leaves|
|1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained|
|1 tbs of red bell pepper, diced|
|1 tbs fresh chives, sliced thin|
|1/2 tbs fresh tarragon, chopped|
|2 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|Zest from 1 lemon, for garnish|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Parsley for garnish|
This is a delicious salad that you can put together in less than 15 minutes. Flaky king crab and artichoke are mixed with a lemon, olive oil herb dressing and presented on butter lettuce.
- Remove crab from shells and cut into small chunks.
- Place 6 serving plates in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a non reactive bowl add the lemon juice and the herbs.
- Drizzle in the olive oil slowly while whisking.
- Taste the dressing then season with salt and pepper.
- Add crab meat and artichoke hearts and gently mix well.
- Place a butter lettuce cup on each serving plate and place a scoop of the crab mixture evenly among 6 plates.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon zest.